Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Shepastor: The “Paradoxical Commandments” Can Help Us to Remember that We Are on Assignment…
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10 KJV
When all else fails, remember that we are on assignment from the Lord. When our feelings are inching onto our sleeves, when good will and out stretched hands are unreciprocated, when the “edge” seems closer than ever before, remember the Lord is not “unrighteous.” He knows your labor and your love…
The Paradoxical Commandments!
· People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered. Love them anyway.
· If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
· If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
· The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
· Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
· The biggest persons with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest persons with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
· People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
· What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
· People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them. Help them anyway.
· Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
Written By Kent M. Keith in 1968
Your living is not in vain – continue to help somebody despite what at times may feel like exercises in futility.
Post a comment or send me an email at Shepastor1@hotmail.com
Until Next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,