Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Shepastor: “Who do YOU Say I Am???”

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Matthew 16:13-20 New International Version (NIV)

During my morning devotion the other day, just as I was about to close my Bible, it fell open to this very familiar passage of Scripture. That day, however, the words, “Who do YOU say I am?” jumped off of the page and into my spirit! We know the story. Jesus is questioning his disciples about the messages from “the people…” their perceptions, views, beliefs about who he is. Jesus already knew their thoughts. He also knew the thoughts of the disciples. But by questioning them directly, Jesus forced them to stop and consider exactly what they believed about him.

On that particular day, I was wrestling with some internal thoughts, anxieties, fears and frustrations over various challenges. I have to be intentional about taking control of every thought and bringing them into subjection! But as I prepared to close my Bible, the Holy Spirit (I believe) caused the pages to fall open to those simple words, “Who do YOU say that I am?”

Suddenly, I felt peace. Why? Simply because I believe that Jesus is LORD! The term “Lord” means, “Someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler” (Dictionary.com). Since I believe that Jesus has ALL POWER, authority and influence, since I claim Jesus as MY LORD and since I believe that He is master and ruler over ALL, I can trust Him completely to walk with me through my “stuff!” I trust Jesus to be the LORD in MY LIFE over every situation, circumstance, lack, mean spirit, enemy, unjust situation, gossiping tongue, illness, challenge and struggle!

If you are troubled, burdened, weary, fearful, doubtful, ill, lonely, broken, etc., stop and ask yourself, “Who do I say Jesus is?” When you, by faith stand upon Jesus’ identity as Lord, you will conquer ALL of the oppressive tactics of the enemy. Allow the Lordship of Jesus to comfort, strengthen, guide, encourage, bless and reassure you today.

Who do I say that Jesus is? HE IS LORD!!!

Post a comment or send me an email at Revcsmith1@gmail.com

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris
www.shepastorchris.org

No comments:

Post a Comment