Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Shepastor: “Be Sure of Your Footing…”

He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. Proverbs 18:33, NLT

The older I get, the more I hate winter! Of particular concern for me is navigating our icy drive way as I walk from our back door to the garage. As I slowly, carefully looked for dry or snowy patches weaved in and around icy patches, I prayed, “Lord, please don’t let me fall.” Thankfully, I was able, with the help of the Lord to make it to the garage safely. This experience caused me to think about the importance of “sure footing.”

The psalmist declared that the Lord made his feet “surefooted” (NLT) like that of a deer, enabling him to stand upon high places. The hooves of deer are shaped in such a way that that are able to grip the sides of mountains. While other animals or even humans may find mountain sides slippery and dangerous, the deer appear to effortlessly leap upon them.

Life presents many slippery places for us to navigate…places that make us feel unsure and insecure…dangerous traps to make us fall. But just as God helps the deer to climb mountains, the Lord can make our proverbial feet surefooted, keeping us from slipping into disaster. Even if we slip, the Lord is there so raise us up.

What slippery place are you fearing today? Spend time in the presence of the Lord, asking Him to develop your “deer feet,” so that you can walk upon the high places that have been ordained for your life! God Himself can and will make you “surefooted!”

Post a comment or send me an email at Revcsmith1@gmail.com

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris
www.shepastorchris.org

No comments:

Post a Comment