Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Shepastor: “Building Blocks Towards Blessings…”

So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. Galatians 6:9, NLT

Your obedience to God’s word, God’s Holy Spirit, God’s voice prepares the way for your blessings in the future.

There have been times in my life when obeying that “still small voice,” didn’t seem to make sense… “Get involved with this project…Accept that responsibility…Don’t get involved with this or that…Keep on doing what you are doing…” There were times when it was uncomfortable, frustrating, appeared silly and in some cases set me up for ridicule. But years later, that obedience uniquely positioned me to be richly blessed.

I remember being led by the Lord to accept a job that appeared ridiculous (below expectation) because of my education level. Family members questioned my wisdom. Others shook their heads. But with the help of the Lord, I stayed the course and remained in that position for five years. Today, the skills, experiences and relationships that were forged in that place are still blessing me today. Because I listened and obeyed, there are things that I can do for myself that colleagues must pay someone else to do!

When God speaks, listen. Sometimes you will not see the wisdom in obeying at that time. God, however, has the “long view.” Your obedience today are building blocks towards your blessings in the future. As your life unfolds, possibly decades later, you will reap the harvest of trusting God's direction. God knows you will need those skills, that relationship, a specific experience, a cultivated perspective that will ultimately prepare you for your next level.

Ignore the critics. Trust God and move at His command.

Post a comment or send me an email at Shepastor1@hotmail.com

Remember to visit the new “Shepastor Highlights” page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/shepastorhighlights/

Read, “like” and share with others!

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris
www.shepastorchris.org

No comments:

Post a Comment