Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shepastor: “God Said it, I Believe it and That Settles it!”

12Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it." Jeremiah 1: 12

Some years ago, the phrase, “God Said it, I Believe it and That Settles it,” was popular. Many criticized this mantra and said that it was a part of the “name it and claim it” mind set. However, recently as I was praying and thanking God for things seen and yet to unfold in my life, this phrase came back to my mind.

Even in the midst of my praise, the enemy began to whisper, “that is not going to happen…it’s too big…it too far out of your reach…are you sure you heard the Lord right?” In that moment, the Lord reminded me of that phrase, “God said it, I believe it and that settles it!”

At times, the Lord will reveal things to us through His Word, through situations and circumstances, through other people and even through the metaphors found in nature. Those revelations confirm for us promises found in God’s Holy Word, encouraging our hearts and our spirits to keep believing, hoping, trusting, following and obeying. Yet discouragement may still creep in and tempt us to think that those things promised will not come to pass.
When that happens, we must remind ourselves of God’s declaration…

12Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it." Jeremiah 1:12

In this passage, the Lord is encouraging Jeremiah to know that what the Lord had shown him would come to pass. God said that He “watches over His Word to perform it.” In other words, God cares about His Word. What God says, God will do. God’s Word, God’s promises, “God’s Holy Spirit can be trusted.

Those things that the Lord has spoken to your spirit, confirmed in His Word trust God to bring them to pass. Know that the Lord is for you. Remember that “faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1). Refuse to repeat words of doubt. “Settle it” within your heart to believe God. He will bring to pass what He promises. God will make all things work together for your good. God will not forget your faithfulness. He knows the desires of your heart.

Post a comment or send me an email at Shepastor1@hotmail.com

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment