Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Shepastor: “I’m Overwhelmed…I Can’t Do it…Oh, Yes I Can!!!”

Hear My Cry; Listen to My Prayer
1{To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David.} Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
Psalm 61: 1-3, KJV

If your heart has ever been overwhelmed, not with joy, but with stress, pain, “work overload,” etc., then you can identify with the psalmist. There have been occasions when I lay in my bed and wonder how in the world am I going to accomplish, get through, get over whatever it is I’m dealing with. There are days when I feel like picking up the phone or sitting down at the computer to send an email to say to whomever, “Sorry, I just can’t get this done…”

Yes, there are times when we must pull back, say “No,” scale down responsibilities. Particularly in ministry, we can fall into becoming a “Jack of all trades and master of none!” But there are also time when we have been called, anointed and appointed to carry out specific responsibilities. It is our time and our season to lead, to accomplish, to fulfill. It can be OVERWHELMING!!!

At those times, we must learn to pray like the psalmist, “When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” Sometimes being overwhelmed is not the pressure of external forces, but rather internal stressors, telling us, “you can’t do it, you are not strong enough, you don’t have what it takes, just give it over to someone else.” Could it be that our own fears and insecurities are blocking the energy and creativity we need to get it done?

When we lay our cares, concerns, responsibilities, and heart bare before the “Rock,” Jesus, our Lord and our Savior, He will give us the peace, wisdom and fortitude we need to do those things that we are being called to do. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed because we are being stretched…pulled out of our comfort zone. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed because we are being challenged to grow and go higher than where we currently are.

With the help of the Lord, YOU CAN DO IT…YES YOU CAN!!! Today, I encourage you to examine the source of your feelings. If it
is truly something that you need to release, turn over to someone else, forget, etc., the Lord will give you the insight, courage and peace to do so. But if it is the enemy of your soul, seeking to distract, intimidate, overwhelm and push you off the path of your destiny, RESIST, look to the Rock that is higher and by faith “keep on keepin on!” For the Lord is your shelter and strong tower from the enemy!

Post a comment or send me an email at Shepastor1@hotmail.com

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris
www.shepastorchris.org

No comments:

Post a Comment