Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Shepastor: “When Did We See You Lord?”

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Matthew 25: 37-40 NIV

Our Nation is currently grappling with major pieces of legislation that will greatly impact the lives of many. Healthcare, education, jobs, the environment and national security are all on the table. How do these matters effect individuals in their day to day lives? Insensitivity, greed, racism, hatred and ignorance have all impacted the conversation. “What shall we say to these things?” A modern day rendition of Matthew 25 31-46 has been going around on Face Book.

Thanks to Jim Obergefell for sharing this powerful piece…

When I was hungry, you canceled my food stamps
When I was thirsty, you diverted lead & coal into my water
When I was sick, you tripled my insurance rates
When I was naked, you raped me & blamed me because I was naked.
When I was in prison, you enslaved me to corporations
When I was a stranger with brown skin you deported me
From the lonely you took away social programs
From the elderly, you took away meals & medicine
From the workers, you took away legal protections
From the young, you took away school funding
From the victims, you took away shelter
Instead of diversity, you encourage intolerance
Instead of caring, you encourage isolation
Instead of equity, you encourage military excess
When the 1% has ground us into the dust, taken all of our money, and let us die for lack of insurance - who will you feed upon?

Thanks to Jim Obergefell for this share

Remember, in order to “pull yourself up by your own boot straps,” you must have boots!

Post a comment or send me an email at Shepastor1@hotmail.com

Until next Wednesday,
In Faith, Hope and Perseverance,
Pastor Chris
www.shepastorchris.org

No comments:

Post a Comment